The following are instructions on how to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the city of Loves Park:
- Please make your request for records in writing. We do not require the completion of a standard form, however, a form has been provided for your convenience. You may submit your request by mail, fax or e-mail to:
CITY OF LOVES PARK
ROBERT J. BURDEN, CITY CLERK
REQUEST FOR PUBLIC RECORDS
100 HEART BOULEVARD
LOVES PARK IL 61111
FAX: (815) 633-2359
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. To the extent that you wish to ask questions of a representative of the office, please call (815) 654-5034, to be directed to the proper person.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .15-cent-per-page charge.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: "I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request." In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest, not simply your personal interest, and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and your electronic mail address.
Printable Freedom of Information Act Form